You wish to track what words your visitors use in your joomla 1.6.x/1.7.x/2.5.x site search. What are the needed steps?
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on “Admin”
- Click on the profile you would like to enable Site Search for.
- Click again on the profile to open it properties
- Navigate to the profile settings and select “Do Track Site Search”
- Enter “searchword” in “Query Parameter”
- Do NOT select “Strip query parameters out of URL”
- Click on “apply”
Note: It might take some hours until you see some values in Google analytics