Microsoft will stop supporting the following Lync 2010 products under mainstream support (End of Mainstream), as of April 12 2016.
This will affect the following products (as seen here):
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Group Chat
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Software Development Kit
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Software Development Kit
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition
These products are now under the extended support. That means a customer which are using the products above couldn´t:
- Request a new feature
- Request design change
- Get non-security updates
So until the extended support end users will only get security updates.
As Lync works in integration with various other products (which might have other EOL / EOM). Its strongly advisable to upgrade Lync 2010 to the latest version.